We are hiring
Do you have what it takes to join our award-winning team of solar engineering experts? Submit your application for our current openings. Castillo Engineering offers competitive compensation, benefits, and a friendly work environment.
Castillo Engineering maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electrical (Solar PV) Designer | Full Time
Castillo Engineering (www.castillope.com) is one of the most experienced solar PV engineering firms in the United States and is seeking a full-time Solar Designer/Engineer responsible for all aspects of solar PV system design, including electrical and structural PV calculations and drafting. The appointee will be a part of the engineering team and will report directly to the Operations Manager and Principal. Our Principal will provide training.
Castillo Engineering is a fast-paced design firm with the industry’s leading turnaround time. The candidate must process excellent organization & time management skills in order to manage large volumes of projects, meet deadlines, whilst not compromise attention-to-detail.
In addition, the appointee will have daily interactions with customers and building officials and thus will be responsible for maintaining effective communication, understanding the project requirements, and facilitating all deliverables to ensure a 5 Star customer experience. Proficient CAD experience is mandatory. Advanced NEC understanding is a plus!
We hire self-motivated, career orientated, driven teammates, eager to make a name for themselves and aspire to work towards pay-raises and promotions.
- Drafting of PV system designs (CAD)
- Engineering calculations
- Project tracking & management
- Revision control
- Build and update templates, excel calculators, and design tools
- Prompt response to emails and phone calls
- Maintain 5 Star customer service
- Multi-tasking many action items, projects, and under tight deadlines
Education & Experience:
- Associates Degree in CAD or Drafting studies (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Advanced understanding of the National Electrical Code
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred, but not required)
- 4+ years in Electrical Drafting (AutoCAD), is a must.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Ability to beat deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Capacity to manage large volumes of projects.
- Strong detail-orientation and proofreading skills; attention-to-detail is a must.
- Superior communication skills, both verbally and written, with customers, manufacturers, building officials and teammates.
- Advanced understanding of NEC and other building codes.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, etc.
- Natural ability work in a team environment as well as independently
Work Location and Status:
- Longwood, FL
- No visa sponsorship
- Compensation based on experience.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Experience: Electrical AutoCAD Design / Drafting – 4+ years
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical (AutoCAD) Drafting: 4 years
Required work authorization:
- United States
Qualified Candidates may Submit their Resume and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org